Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life And Death

Ok. So I've come to the startling conclusion that I was meant to stay alive. Someone up there in the big blue sky either really likes me, finds makin my life inconvenient too amusing to end, or has HUGE plans for me. I have had SO many life and death situations that I have come out unscathed I'm starting to get the invincibility syndrome. A syndrome where I think I'm invincible. It's pretty self explanatory. I will tell you ALL of them.

A few hours after I was born. I was stopped breathing. I did the whole blue thing and stuff. But the loving doctors saved me! If I had an idiot doctor I probably would have died!

A few years later, when I was six years old or seven I climbed up on the high dive of the swimming pool...once I was on the top I passed out and fell backwards...on the cement. My heel hit the stairs on the way down, and I would have hit my head if I hadn't fallen on my elbow which was conveniently falling faster than my head.

A little while later.. about two years ago, me being a smart person that I am, decided to jump on a moving train in bare feet (I was wearing flip flops so I put them in my purse because they probably would have gotten in the way anyway) (the ground was covered in those tiny sharp rocks btw) So by the time my friend had jumped off the train was moving faster than before. I had a moment of "oh crap" but knew if I hesitated any longer the train would be moving even faster and I would be screwed, and not in the good way. So without thinking I jumped. My bare feet hit the sharp rocks and I fell...I hit my head, but luckily once again my elbow took the blunt of the fall, and it was once again covered in blood trying to protect my brain, I couldn't move my arm for a few days, but it's good now. Once I was on the ground and my friend had ran over to make sure I was okay, did it actually hit me how dumb we were to do that. And how close we came to playing with death. Lots of people die from trains, and I decided to be a cool kid and tempt fate...I am now scared with trains, don't mess with them, they are more intense than tractors...ok nothing is more intense than tractors.

Nothing really happened to my memory until a few days ago...yesterday actually. So I'm driving with my roommate, and its the first snow fall and the roads are terrible!! Ive been slipping and thanking God for my Jimmy (named Jemina) because my old car would not be able to handle all the curbs I've ran into lately. As I was driving down the highway on this huge hill, I had to switch lanes, since there was an accident, the speed limit was 80km and I was going 50km, because this may be just my second winter driving, I'm not dumb, you don't slam on your brakes and you won't be able to stop going 80, soo I switched lanes and all of a sudden my roommate and I are spinning...full on 360's, we see this huge drop that the highway is above and we both thought we were going to end up in the park below us...at least 20 feet down. So shes sitting there quietly and I'm yelling "OMG OMG OMG WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO!!" And we end up aiming at the oncoming traffic...on the meridian sidewalk thing...so we were safe from both sides of the highway, shaking, and the first person I wanted to call was my mom. She knows everything no matter what the situation is and how old you are...your mom knows all the answers... its just convenient that shes married to a mechanic...but they are in Hawaii...so I call the next person I call in emergency when my mom is unavailable. I call my oldest sister. As soon as I hear her voice I start bawling, then I start laughing because I'm kinda an inappropriate laugh-er. I laughed when I'm in pain and when I'm terrified. So she announced that she was on her way to see if she can help. And I was about to call my boyfriends dad to see what he thinks I should do when a policeman comes up and helps me off the meridian and back onto the traffic where I go home, call my boyfriend crying, and relax.

Someone wants me alive

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh!! Scary!! I'm so glad ur OK. And I remember that diving board incident. Haha, and yes, you are an inappropriate laugh-er. But I love it, it's who u are!

    ReplyDelete